Pahang National Park is another familiar place for Malaysians. As Gunung Tahan the highest point of the Malay Peninsula, this national park has become a place of attractions for thousands of tourists ranged from climbers, environmental biologists and researchers as well as the public. One thing that famous in here is the Canopy Walk.
The canopy bridge is about 550 meters long. The height is about 45 meters from the forest floor. It’s approximately similar to 15 storey height. The travel journey is about 20-30 minutes walking makes it the longest suspension bridge in the world.
Do not forget this!
These are the checklists you need to know before starting your walking journey on the longest canopy walk in the world.
- It takes about 30 to 40 minutes to reach the canopy bridge by walking from the National Park HQ office.
- The journey to climb the canopy bridge takes about 20 minutes walking.
- The requirement enforces for a distance of 10 meters between individual to another for safety measures.
- This canopy also limited to 600 visitors per day for safety reasons.
- The Canopy hours are from 9 am (every day except Thursday), until 3 pm (except Friday closes at 12pm).
- Tickets are available at RM5 for adults and RM3 for children.
- Get weather checks and updated. If the weather gets windy or rainy, the canopy walk will be closed for safety reasons.
As this national park is a home to 1001 natural flora and fauna, experience spend on the canopy walk will be a lifetime moment. Therefore, the best time to go for the canopy walk is advisable during the morning hours. There is a greater opportunity for you to see grey-haired monkeys and white-eyed leaf monkeys roaming from tree to tree.
Like to know more? Click the link for more articles: